Frequently Asked Questions:

1) To enter Nepal if I arrive via flight what do I do to get a Tourist visa?

You can get Nepal Tourist visa upon arrival in Kathmandu Airport. You have to submit online application at and USD25 Tourist visa with multiple entry for 15 days, USD40 Tourist visa with multiple entry for 30 days and USD100 Tourist visa with multiple entry for 90 days. Foreigner who intends to visit Nepal must hold valid passport or any travel document equivalent to passport issued by the Govt. for visiting a foreign country prior to apply for visa.

Note:- People of these countries do not get visa on arrival at the immigration entry points of Nepal: Nigeria, Ghana, Zimbabwe, Swaziland, Comeroon, Somalia, Liberia, Ethopia, Palestine and Afghanistan.

2) Is High Camp Trekking (HCT) recognized by Nepal Government?

Of course, it is registered on Nepal Government. So, it is recognized by Nepal Government. A detailed list of our registrations and licenses for operation are as follows:

  • Nepal Ministry of Industry, Office of Company Register, Reg. No: 74423/067/068
  • Nepal Ministry of Tourism and Tourism Industry Division License No: 1191(067)
  • Nepal Ministry of Finance, Department of Tax, VAT/PAN No: 30432929
  • Central Bank of Nepal (Nepal Rastra Bank), Department of Foreign Currency Exchange authorization No: 1081

We have authority to operate/organize Walking, Trekking (hiking) and Mountaineering under rule and regulation from Nepal Government.

3) Are you in contact with tour operators in Europe or America?

We (High Camp Trekking) is based in Kathmandu/Nepal. No, we do not have any contact with International tour operators. We are meeting to clients thru recommendations (person to person) from previous costumers and also from online (website). We do our best to costumers who never hesitate to recommend us. There might be someone who already used our services from your home town or country. If you are interested to know exactly about us thru references, please read reviews at our company site:

International tour operator have to sub contact to a local trekking agency to obtain hiking passes, Peak climbing permits,  hire necessary Nepali staffs and also transportation etc.

4) Do you arrange International flight and domestic flight tickets?

We do not book International flight tickets. Please contact to travel agency nearest in your town. We can book domestic flight tickets all destinations where is operating schedule flights. We take care to our  costumers from arrival to departure in Nepal.

5) I do not see any online booking form on your site. How can I book trip with you?

Very simple way. There is inquiry form on our site. You can also send us an inquiry via email address. Then, we supply you all necessary information and cost. Then, we ask you minimal trip booking advance via Bank transfer.

6) What is the best time for Trekking in Nepal?

Trekking or hiking or walking is possible any time in Nepal. But, it is depending on where are you going? Nepal has easy, moderate and difficulty trek grade. October to June is possible easy and short treks. October to June is good time for moderate treks. October to December and March to May is good time for High Altitude or difficulty treks. We have some trekking destinations on rain shadows where is possible to trek in July/August/September. Dolpa and Mustang regions are on rain shadows. So, “Nepal is for all season!”.

7) Is Nepal safe for solo trekking?

Nepal is mostly safe, including most trekking areas however; it is always advice to check weather conditions and to seek local advice before starting any trek. Solo trekking, without a guide or trekking partners, is never recommended. Trek and climb with a license holder guide from a reputable agency is the best security.

8) Do I need guide for Everest Base Camp Trek?

If you want to learn plenty about the local culture and natural environment, defiantly you will need a guide. Ensure you are hiring a qualified guide from registered trekking agency with the Trekking Agencies Association of Nepal (TAAN). High Camp Trekking is on list of registered companies of TAAN, visit We can organize your trip to make hassle free (arrival to departure) travel in Nepal. Safety is our top priority with medical kit and trained experience guide on each trip.

9) How do I get in shape?

You do not need to be super athletic. Slow and steady pace is the key for achieving and enjoying your trek. If you can walk daily up and down hill 5-7hrs, you will be fit for Trekking in Nepal. But, it will be advantage if you do training of walking, running, cycling, swimming and hill or repeatedly walk up and down stairs of tall building once or twice of each week before come to Nepal.

10) How do I stay safe and healthy on the trekking days?

Please drink 3-4 liters purified water each day, choose properly cooked meals and be vegetarian as much as possible. Do not hurry to the destination when trekking the Himalaya of Nepal. The main precaution to take is not go up high too fast. Do not take lightly for high altitude. You should schedule frequent rest days between the 3500m to 4300m contours, sleeping at the same altitude for at least two nights. Go/climb higher during the days, but always descend to the same level to sleep. Be specially careful not to move while looking through the viewfinder of your camera or are distracted in some other manner. Respect for the Himalaya and its weather.

11) What is high altitude sickness?

Everybody says that Nepal Himalaya is beautiful and do not talk much about High Altitude Headache when go to mountains. There should know types of High Altitude Sickness and it’s symptoms before heading to mountains. This is as follows:

Acute Mountain Sickness (AMS) can develop at any altitude over 3000 meters in the Nepal Himalaya.

Causes of Altitude Sickness:

  • Less oxygen than at lower altitudes.
  • Low barometric (climatic) pressure.
  • Rapid ascent (too fast).
  • Possible dehydration.
  • Hypothermia (chilled).

Type of altitude sickness:

AMS: Acute Mountain Sickness (Mild symptoms feel like a hangover).
HAPE: High Altitude Pulmonary Edema (Lung problem associated with water in the lung).
HACE: High Altitude Cerebral Edema (Mental or psychological problems associated with the presence of water/fluid in the head).

Altitude Sickness prevention:

  • Do not talk about distance in Himalaya. Please talk about gain high altitude 400m to 500m each day. Do not hurry up! Take it easy.
  • Drink 3-4 liters of water per day to avoid dehydration. This helps in the acclimatization process.
  • Training: go high in a day and sleep low.
  • Rest day: sleep two nights at same place/elevation between 3300m to 3600m and 4200m to 4500m if you go higher up 5000m high.
  • Drugs: Nowadays, Acetazolamide (Diamox) is using as prevention of mountain sickness. Talk to your Doctor/physician about its use and side effects. In addition, other drugs are Nifedipine which is used for HAPE and Dexmethasone which is used for HACE. Remember – do not take medicines indiscriminately and to consult your Doctor/physician.

Altitude sickness treatment:

  • Do not leave alone if someone is sick from high altitude.
  • Do not go higher up until you do not feel better.
  • Descend 1000m and then if you feel better, go higher up on next day.
  • Use properly pressure bags and oxygen gas on time.
  • If you do not feel better, descend, descent, descent …….The best treatment is descent.

Note: – Most of the problems of high altitude are totally preventable. With careful precautions, your experience in the Himalaya should be safe and rewarding.

12) How to weather forecast in the Himalaya?

The weather is quickly change in the Himalaya. I may not wrong if I would say difficult to get exact weather forecast in the Himalaya.The best idea is use your eyeballs and brain to forecast weather. If there is available Internet, you can check weather at and We do weather forecast update to our clients and guide from Kathmandu.